Our Enterprise SWAT Team Lead has started an Innovation Forum within our division.
During one of the forums, our HR Client Partner at the time asked about ways we can create a training page for our Division.
This has been on my mind since the inception of Ecosystem 1.0.
As we discussed in the previous post, just because we are busy planning doesn’t mean the world stands still.
The SWAT Team Lead, the HR Client Partner and I (with the blessing of the Deputy Muck) spent a month putting together a training portal through our SharePoint site.
Beyond providing a page that combines all of the training resources available to our division, we are also using this as a prototype for a University-wide training portal. This is also a way for us to rapidly prototype this idea within SharePoint. See what works and what doesn’t.
A few notes:
- We opened this to view-only for the entire organization.
- We will likely isolate some permissions for things that are Division-only, but this is a start
- Edit permissions are available to the Division. We are going on the assumption of trust.
- We are currently using documents and links to the documents as the structure for the curriculum. Depending on how the interfaces with other groups go, this might change to the Wiki features or a SharePoint add-on
- There is currently no tracking or reporting attached to any of this outside of whatever is native to SharePoint. This means, no completion records. Again, this might change if the organization determines that it is a requirement. Right now, it’s not on the priority list. Specifically reportable items are accessed through the LMS.
The 7 minute video below provides a walkthrough of the portal.