As part of this subscription-based learning program, I am incorporating really quick, really amateurish videos into the blog posts for the technical pieces.
It is acceptable for now.
Some of the design decisions I made for these videos:
– People seem to respond better to seeing the face of the speaker when working remotely. So I decided to do quick introductions to each video I produce.
– I was trying to limit the videos to 3-5 minutes. Sadly – some of them have crept closer to 10 minutes. My chunking will require some refinement.
– For Creating Standing Meetings, I decided to add a menu. I figured that this way the user can choose which item they wish to see. Again – this is all beta, so if people want me to do menus for all of the videos, I will go ahead and do that.
– I am attempting to build on prior knowledge with these videos or things that were talked about in previous training or materials. So an outsider going into this cold might not get what they need from it. That is fine. My audience is really the existing telecommuter who has already on-boarded and taken the orientation.
– I am trying to keep the objectives I cover simple.
I’m still not thrilled that they have to click through the post to the video. I’m working on that 🙂