The next step is taking that list and prioritizing it into nice to have and need to have.
For the Survey tool…what are the principles that guide that decision?
- Can people get to the survey easily and using their preferred method of access?
- If it is a pain for them to get to the survey, they won’t take it and I get no information.
- Can surveyors develop a survey quickly? Ease of use
- Ideally, they will have spent quality time thinking through what questions to ask and the type of answers they are looking for. A tool won’t fix that.
- Can surveyors quickly view and distribute the results?
- Because if there is a survey being developed, it is likely because management has a question they want answered.
Warning: if you are doing the requirements collection for a project you are going to have lengthy
arguments discussions with the other stakeholders about the difference between “nice to have” and “need to have”.
Best for everyone to get real clear on the problem that the project is solving and the principles you are using to guide solution design first.